Competition Terms and Conditions
Rapid Reno Mate™ $16,000 Prize Competition
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions shall apply to the Rapid Reno Mate™ $16,000 Prize competition (the Promotion).
- The Promotion commences in all Australian States and Territories at 12am (Sydney Time) on 18/04/2018 and closes at 11:55pm on 02/05/2018 (Promotional Period).
- Entry in the Promotion is open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over (Eligible Entrants). Directors, management, employees, contractors and crew of the Promoter and their immediate families are ineligible to enter the Promotion.
- Eligible Entrants may enter the competition during the Promotional Period by:
- Downloading the Rapid Reno Mate™ mobile phone application (App);
- Registering as a user of the Rapid Reno Mate™ App;
- Posting a photo on Facebook with reference to the Rapid Reno Mate™ App tagging @naomifindlay;
- Posting a photo on Instagram with reference to the Rapid Reno Mate™ App including the hashtag #rapidrenomate in the caption and tagging @naomifindlayofficial; and
- Telling us in 25 words or less why you should win the $16,000 Prize
- Multiple entries are not permitted.
- Entries must include all requested details and an original 25-words-or-less answer to be eligible to win. Each entry must be unique and Eligible Entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period.
- All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter, not the time of transmission by the Eligible Entrant. The Promoter is not responsible for any technical malfunction affecting submission of the Eligible Entry, any communications network or any late, lost, incorrectly submitted, delayed, ineligible, incomplete, corrupted or misdirected entry whether due to error, transmission interruption or otherwise.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who:
- tampers with the entry process;
- has not submitted an entry in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; or
- is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive, offensive, inappropriate, defamatory, damaging to the goodwill of the competition or the Promoter, or is otherwise not in keeping with the spirit of the competition.
- For the avoidance of doubt, this is a game of skill, chance plays no part in determining any Winner and entry into the competition is free.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter.
Additional Conditions for Facebook
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that ‘liking’, ‘sharing’ or ‘tagging’ does not constitute an Eligible Entry into the Promotion.
- The relevant terms and conditions of Facebook apply to any ‘like’, ‘share’ or ‘tag’ submitted by an Entrant in respect of this Promotion.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. By participating, Entrants release Facebook from any obligations or liabilities.
Selection of the Winner
- All Eligible Entries received by the end of the Promotional Period will go into the pool of entries for judging. The judging will commence at 69 Cowper St, Wallsend NSW 2287 on 3rd May 2018 at 00am AEDT by [Darren Palmer, one of Australia’s most renowned and influential Interior Designers, or such other authorised representative(s) of the Promoter as may be appointed in the Promoter’s absolute discretion (Judge(s)). Eligible Entries will be judged one-by-one and the winning Eligible Entry will be selected based on the Judge’s determination as to the best Eligible Entry (the Winner), such determination to be made at the Judges’ absolute discretion.
- The Winner of the online Promotion will be publicly announced on the Rapid Reno Mate™ website at rapidrenomate.com.au and www.naomifindlay.com and thereafter confirmed by notification in writing via email one day after the Judges’ decision as to the Winner.
- The Winner will win $16,000 in cash and prizes to be delivered to the Winner in full within twenty-eight (28) days of the Promoter’s announcement of the Winner or receipt of the Winner’s written confirmation of their address and applicable payment details, whichever is later. Vouchers will be distributed via email or Australia Post to the relevant address nominated in writing by the Winner. Any cash prizes will be paid to the winner by crossed cheque or by electronic funds transfer (EFT) into a bank account held in the Winner's name as nominated in writing by the Winner.
- Once Prizes have left the premises, the Promoter and its associated sponsor and agencies take no responsibility for Prizes which are damaged, delayed or lost in transit.
- The Promoter highly recommends a current street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential Prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver Prizes to the addresses provided by competition Entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any Prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the Prize winner.
- It is a condition of accepting a Prize that the Winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and the Prize supplier’s requirements.
- The Promoter reserves the right to re-judge the Winner if, within 7 days of the Winner being announced on the Promoter’s website:
- the Winner fails to claim their Prizes and/or provide adequate contact details to allow the Promoter to distribute the Prizes; or
- the Winner is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
- The re-judging will take place within 2 business days after the end of the 7 day period referred to in clause 16, at the same time and place as the first judging, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with this clause will be publicly announced on the Promoter’s website at the conclusion of the re-judging and thereafter confirmed by notification in writing via email one business day after the conclusion of the re-judging.
- The Promoter will not be liable for a Winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forefeits their Prize and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
- The $16,000 in prizes consist of:
- $1,000 cash courtesy of Naomi Findlay Pty Ltd; and
- Rapid Renovation Formula Course conducted by Naomi Findlay valued at $6,000;
- $1,000 voucher from Bristol;
- $1,000 voucher from Beaumont Tiles; and
- $1,000 voucher from Carpet Court (see T&Cs of use);
- 1 Styling Session with Carpet Court Ambassador Darren Palmer valued at $3,000 (see T&Cs of use); and
- $3,000 to spend at Hume Doors (doesn’t include hardware, installation or painting/finishing).
- The Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash or other goods or services. Any unused portion of the Prize is not redeemable for cash. Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or special offers. All vouchers expire on the date states on the voucher or if not stated, within 12 months from the date of issue.
- Prizes are subject to availability. If a Prize (or any part of a Prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prizes with prizes of greater or equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by the Winner or any other party if a Prize (or any part of a Prize) is unavailable for any reason or if the Winner is unable to use the Prize. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any change in the value of the prize between publishing date and date the prize is claimed.
- The maximum notional value of the total Prizes is approximately AU$16,000 based on the recommended retail prices of the Prizes on or around the date of the promotion. The estimate of the maximum notional value of the Prize is provided for the purposes of information only. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize.
- Any fees, FBT or tax implications arising in relation to winning a Prize are the responsibility of the Winner.
- All entrants must submit ONLY their own original answers. Any such answers cannot be previously published in any forum worldwide. All entries become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned. Entries that are found to have been derived from the works of a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded a Prize, that Prize must be returned to the Promoter. A Winner may be required to sign a statutory declaration regarding the originality of the entry. Without limiting the generality, the Promoter reserves the right to take legal action against anyone found to have breached this term. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and property conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation are reserved.
- By participating in the Promotion, each participant is deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any other instructions, terms and conditions that the Promoter may issue from time to time.
- If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
- The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this Promotion, the promotion of this Promotion or the use of any Prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties, except to the extent that liability cannot be excluded by law.
- The Promoter and its associated entities and companies will not be liable or responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any phone network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur whilst undertaking any travel connected with an entry; in the participation in any Prize; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail, email, social media post, SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any person; any injury or damage to Entrants or any other person’s computer software or phone; or any combination thereof, related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this Promotion.
- The exclusion of liability in clauses 27, 28, and 29above does not apply to limit or exclude liability to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in those clauses (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoter is not providing goods or services and is only facilitating the possibility of receiving a prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to video, photograph and/or record the Promotion, and publish any participants’ images and details for the purposes relating to the publicity of the Promotion without having to pay any fee or compensation to the participants. Each Eligible Entrant consents, if the Eligible Entrant becomes a winner, to the Promoter using the Eligible Entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome), the Promoter and/or the products and/or services supplied by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw or cancel the Promotion and to amend or change these Terms and Conditions at any time for whatever reason and without giving prior notice to the participants. The decision of the Promoter on all matters relating to or in connection with the Promotion is final, and no correspondence will be entered into (other than notification of winners or as otherwise contemplated by these Terms and Conditions).
- Information on how to enter forms part of the Terms and Conditions of entry. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way. In the event of any inconsistencies or discrepancies between the Terms and Conditions and the contents of any brochure, marketing and/or promotional materials relating to the Promotion, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
The Promoter is: Naomi Findlay Pty Ltd, 69 Cowper St, Wallsend NSW 2287. ACN 613 128 386.